If you've just upgraded from a PlayStation 4 to a PlayStation 4 Pro, you might be trying to figure out how to move all of your saved games and other data. Sony has made transferring your data from one PlayStation 4 console to another pretty simple to do. You'll need both consoles, an internet connection, and a LAN cable in order to do it, but that's all. With the Software 4.0 update, transferring data is essentially built into your console.
- Check that both consoles have received the 4.0 software update.
- Turn on both consoles, and make sure they are connected to the same network using Wi-Fi or LAN cables.
- Sign into your PlayStation Network account on the new console.
- Select Transfer data to a new console at the bottom of your screen.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on the controller connected to your old console until you hear a beep.
- Select the data you want to transfer, and select Next.
- Activate your PlayStation 4 Pro as your primary console.