HMD Global starts the new year with the Nokia 6 (2018). The main change is the use of the mid-range octa-core Snapdragon 630 chipset, up from the fairly low-end Snapdragon 430 used in the previous model. Performance should get an additional boost from the 4GB of RAM that comes as standard (where the original came with either 3GB or 4GB).
The design has also been tweaked, with the fingerprint scanner moving to the back, navigation buttons being moved on-screen and the dimensions changing, as the Nokia 6 (2018) comes in at 148.8 x 75.8 x 8.25mm (or 8.6mm where the camera juts out). That makes it smaller but slightly thicker than the 154 x 75.8 x 7.9mm original Nokia 6. Moving the fingerprint scanner to the back likely means that the bottom bezel of the new phone is also slightly smaller, but the metal-heavy design is otherwise similar, and so are the rest of the specs.
Pre-orders are set to begin on January 10 in China, and an expanded release to other markets will likely happen later in the year.
Nokia 6 (2018)
- Display 5.5” Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- Processor 64bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 2.2GHz
- Graphics processor Adreno 508 GPU
- Memory RAM 4GB
- Storage 32GB/64GB (supports microSD up to 128GB)
- Camera 16MP f/2.0 with OZO Audio technology and Bothie
- Selfie camera 8MP f/2.0
- Fingerprint scanner
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS/GLONASS, NFC, 4G LTE
- Operating system Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Battery 3000mAh
- Dimensions 148.8 x 75.8 x 8.15mm
- Weight 172gr